Friday, July 14, 2017

Changes Afoot

Been a good year for Dad.

Still following his weekly routine, staying busy with his exercise classes, routine doctor visits, various groups he's part of at church. He's mentioned several times that he's ready to stop ushering, but when his turn rolls around he doesn't stop. Cause that's who he is and what he does.

Several months ago he called a family meeting. Specifically he did not want it to revolve around a meal. Can't express the gravity of this request. The gist was this:

"I don't know if you're thinking about or not, but I am and I don't think I'll be able to live this life forever."

He was thinking about funding and the future.

And of course I know I'm thinking about it all the time.

So last Sunday, having passed his  92nd birthday, Dad made the decision that it is indeed time to move out of his apartment and into Senior Living.

GAME ON.

No comments:

Post a Comment