Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Confirmation. See What Tomorrow Brings

Talked to Mom tonight as well. You're right, she is very conscientious about reporting on her eating. She picked up a de-constructed hamburger from Sevy's this afternoon and successfully reconstructed at the hospital as only Mom could. No surprise. Dad loved it and ate every bite.

His Committee had their Conference this afternoon and decided he needed another week of rehab. Mom said they noted his 'hesitation.' Dad didn't disagree. He knows that he can't rely on Mom's strength. I watched some of his session this morning and for all his progress, he has a way to go to get around on his own.

I will spend some time tomorrow and see if I can de-clutter some of his pathways in the apt. Throw rugs, things like that.

Meeting Susan in the morning at the apt. we we'll head to Dr Timmerman's office. Will post more then!

1 comment:

  1. That's good he can have another week; so often hospitals are in a hurry to get people out.

    Waiting to hear about the Timmerman appt.

    I feel bad about you having to do all the apartment thing—please let me know when you think it would be best for me to come down and how/when I could best help.

    ReplyDelete