Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Tuesday Report

When we saw Dad Sunday he mentioned that he'd had a twinge of pain in his left chest/shoulder but didn't say much about it. He did mention a cutback on exercise over the weekend, but I thought he was talking about the slowing down of activities over the weekend. Indeed, the gyms were closed and building's pulse was lethargic. Evidently they cut back on his program until they could get clearance from a cardiologist.

What happened next is confusing to me. I think the issue is that Kowalski (who was 'on call' over the weekend) gave someone a hard time over mode of notification, but that's in the garbled past. I think China came into the fray because Kowalski was the first cardiologist called onto the case wa-a-ay back in the gitgo. But he was in China and so Musselman got the case. (I could be all wrong, but this is what I understood from Mom this morning.)

ANYWAY, Musselman came by this morning and gave the OK for exercise and said such muscular aches and twinges are normal for post-op and rehab. Dad called Mom on the phone what we are hearing is Mom's interpretation of Dad's impatience. He's concerned that the slightest set-back will cause him to not be up to speed enough to be released. The thought of needing to be in the hospital another week is his main concern. I think!

I'll go by tonight and check up on Dad.

The main news to me this morning was Mom's adventure with Lyrica which Dr. Hardee prescribed for her neuropathy (numb feet.) Evidently it made her loopy as all-get-out. Five Scotches was Mom's description. It's out of her system now. I don't know the next move.

Mom's big news was her successful outing to her exercise at Finley-Ewing. She's beginning to understand that it's really going to take her a long time to get going with her new logistic issues. BUT she made it there with extra oxygen carried in her new walker. Needless to say her everyone there was THRILLED to see her!!!

She is really fighting for independence. Successful outings like this are important to her on a deeply personal level. I think it's deeper that just pride and I think it's important notion for us to respect and observe. We just need to be judicious about the circumstances.

I do not have a number for Tammi and the Senior services group. I'll talk to Mom tonight and see if she got through.

No comments:

Post a Comment