Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thursday conversation with Mother and Daddy

Mother says that Danals is out of town but she spoke with a new priest(ess) at St. Michael who looked into hospices and seconded Kirkpatrick's recommendation of Faith. Mother said I should not let the name put me off. ;-)

They both actually seem more cheerful than they have been. I feel like Mother has been waiting for something definite.

My main concern is to get us down there, and Anna and BB, in the next month or so.

Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

3 comments:

  1. I had looked at the Faith Presby website. I know their friend, former SMAA priest Patty Willett had been involved. Their Faith and Grief luncheons are listed in SMAA Sunday bulletins. It's another T Boone Pickens philanthropic project. Here's a link: http://www.faithpresbyterianhospice.org/default.php?c=96&n=96

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave. So now I've looked at their website and wonder a few things, mainly: at what point will Mother need hospice care? Is there any prognosis? It says Faith can provide hospice care "for 6 months or longer." Is she going to sign up now for later? Can one of us go with her to the doctor or meet with the doctor to get an idea of what to expect? I wish I could be there. xxoomm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think she will actually need care for a while. My understanding is that hospice becomes involved when the only care becomes palliative rather than treatment and that will be largely up to the pace of the disease progression and how mom feels. The thinking is that the relationship should be there before the need. I understood there is still some question of treatment, but that depends on Timmerman.

    ReplyDelete